« Home | BC » | Its A Go » | Roscoe » | The Colts » | Purpose » | Toodie In Action » | Toodie » | Last night during the Arizona Kansas game, Sean Mc... » | National Geographic » | The Dalai Lama »

2006

2005 was quite a year for us and I am thankful for the luck we had. I am not a huge goal setter but I usually have a couple things I'd like to see happen.

On a personal note we plan to buy a small house in New Zealand. This is the type of thing that could easily fall through due to many variables. The financing should be easy, our house is paid off. I plan to use the equity in our home to make the purchase. I don't find this to be particularly risky in that we have no mortgage but we can afford to have one. We will try to rent it out for vacationers when possible but we won't be in trouble if it doesn't rent.

For the fire department (I am the co-assistant chief for our volunteer fire department) I hope to complete the purchase of a new truck. We need a newer Type 6 truck. A Type 6 is a pickup truck with a small tank, a pump and hoses that we use for wildfires. We have needed a truck for a while. I had the idea about a year ago to buy a used one in a particular way that has finally rotated into favor with everyone else. I have been very committed to this having raised some money through my other blog. Finally this will happen and I am thrilled that I was so involved with it.

Professionally, I hope to keep learning more, continue to add value for clients and reach more people with my writing.

I hope this will be a good year for everyone, happy new year.