« Home | BC Hockey » | A Pirate Blogger Looks At 40 » | Yet More Onions! » | Close » | Onions! » | White Shadow! » | March Madness Starts Today! » | Lax Is Back » | Sweden Wins » | No Medal, Eh »

Jim Rice

During the first week of the MLB season Directv shows a free-view the extra innings package. It is during this week that I can watch local broadcasts of the Red Sox games and then some of the post game if I am so inclined.

While I don't watch a lot of post game coverage, I am married after all, it is kind of wild to see Jim Rice, a great player from my youth, doing the show.

As a suggestion to Directv, I can not see paying $180 for every single baseball game in MLB. However I would pay $50 for every Red Sox game. I have to think I am not the only transplanted fan living away from my team. I called this suggestion in last year and I think was blown off by the customer service rep.