« Home | 121-63 » | Ellsbury Steals Home! » | Sox and the Yanks » | Earth Day Uniforms » | Best Card Ever? » | Did You See This? » | Celtics Bulls » | Just Can't Do That » | Pumpsie Green » | Jackie Robinson »

Announcers


























My brother and I had a conversation today about baseball announcers and how bad most of them are these days. I mentioned that I liked Joe Morgan who does the Sunday night games for ESPN. A lot of people do not like Joe Morgan for some reason but I am not sure why.

The way I view it, a guy in the hall of fame with championship rings can say anything he wants about his sport and be credible. Obviously lesser players can be great announcers too, I'm very fond of Jerry Remy of the Red Sox and Kuiper and Krukow who do the Giants games but the credibility of hall of fame and rings makes that someone I want to listen to.

The above also applies to Bill Walton and basketball, you probably forgot he was on the Clippers at one point.

Labels: