« Home | BU Wins » | Mid October » | Throw Back » | No Hitter » | A Biggin » | Series Winning Home Run » | Micah Owings » | I Have Seen The Future... » | Le Tour » | Jeff Salazar »

Jackie Robinson

Baseball fans will know that April 15th is the day that Major League Baseball pays tribute to Jackie Robinson's breaking of the color barrier in 1947.

On the Rangers Orioles game telecast just now (I have the extra inning package) I learned that after he retired from baseball Jackie was in the coffee business and his son David is also in the business owning a coffee plantation in Tanzania.

You can click here for a look at David's plantation.

I love coffee, so I found it interesting and chances are his involvement in coffee is something you did not know.

Interesting, not in a good way, comment about the baseball card is that the quick bio has no mention of his breaking the color barrier.

Labels: ,