« Home | Manny, WTF? » | The Eck! » | Announcers » | 121-63 » | Ellsbury Steals Home! » | Sox and the Yanks » | Earth Day Uniforms » | Best Card Ever? » | Did You See This? » | Celtics Bulls »

Dom DiMaggio

Dom DiMaggio passed away this morning.

I have always known he was a pretty good player and Joe's brother but in watching the NESN coverage today he had, like many players in his day, an interesting story.

I am intrigued by the players who interrupted their careers to serve in WWII. I've not heard of any players doing so since the Korean War. The way society and the military have evolved it is not surprising--I am not being critical as I never considered joining the military but more making a comment on what these guys were made of and I find it admirable.

Labels:

Di Maggio was hughe!

Post a Comment