« Home | Wildlife » | Minor League Arena Football? » | Jim Rice » | BC Hockey » | A Pirate Blogger Looks At 40 » | Yet More Onions! » | Close » | Onions! » | White Shadow! » | March Madness Starts Today! »

Interesting Bit Of Philosophy

My favorite TV show of all time is Northern Exposure. I have the DVD and every so often I watch an episode.

I watched one this afternoon and Chris, the DJ, said something that is a part of the way I live but cuts to it succinctly.

"Happiness is not having things it is being a part of things."

When the show first came on the air I was in my early 20's, living in a studio apartment in San Francisco. It was this show that first opened me up to the idea of living in a very small town in a rural area which is how/where I live now.

That I may have been motivated in this manner by a TV show, well, fair enough that I open myself up to be made fun of but that is how it is.